When should I have acupuncture for IVF?
Based on new research it's best to have acupuncture treatment at least 9 times before your embryo transfer.
When you have your embryo transferred back into your uterus, it's best to have acupuncture before and after the transfer.
Once you've had your embryo transferred, I would recommend having 2 acupuncture sessions before you take your pregnancy test.
Acupuncture Schedule for IVF
- Weekly acupuncture sessions ideally 3 months before starting IVF
- Once you start taking the stimulation drugs to grow lots of eggs, you should have acupuncture twice a week
- When you are due to have your embryo put back in, you should have acupuncture before and after
- Once the embryo is back in your uterus, you should have acupuncture at least twice before the pregnancy test
- If the IVF is a success, you should have acupuncture until 20 weeks of pregnancy