Learn how to get pregnant
Trying to get pregnant is a very personal and emotional issue, something that is not often shared with friends or even relatives; and for that reason it can often feel like a lonely journey. If this sounds like you, rest assured you are not alone.
More and more couples are finding it harder than they thought to get pregnant once stopping contraception. People don’t realise that many other couples are in the same boat until they start to talk about it with friends or work colleagues.
It is estimated that 1 in 6 couples experience fertility challenges, and this number is growing. There are a many reasons why this number is increasing; age, stress, poor diet, hectic lifestyles, environmental toxins, birth control side effects, etc.
In my experience, it is seldom one problem; it is usually a combination of factors. Therefore, the best form of treatment is to tackle all the various issues to form a strong, combined treatment plan that will have the best outcome.
Men and women can developed infertility after having one year of unprotected sex to try and start a family. Some women will measure their body temperature to predict ovulation.
Getting pregnant faster
To boost your chances of getting pregnant you need to know the basics about your fertility. Read my self-help book on how to get pregnant titled My Fertility Guide. Here is a summary of what you need to know to get pregnant fast:
- Understand your menstrual cycle
- Take folic acid in a good quality prenatal supplement
- Leading up to ovulation you make feel twinges or bloating, which means you should be releasing an egg soon
- Get a semen analysis to check the man's sperm count
- An internal investigation can remove any blockages in the fallopian tube allowing the sperm to reach the egg
- Use a fertility testing kit to know your time of ovulation
- Know your fertility days by checking for cervical mucus
- Don't rely on ovulation predictor kits, an ovulation test or a ovulation calculator
- Have sex before you ovulate, then during your fertile time, have sex every day
Acupuncture for fertility
Acupuncture can help you get pregnant quickly as it regulates the hypothalamus thereby regulating fertility hormones as well as regulating energy and blood flow within the body, regulating the fertility hormones contained within the blood again, which all help to regulate the menstrual cycle. It is the menstrual cycle that is the most important aspect of fertility treatment within Chinese medicine and yet is something greatly overlooked in biomedical science.
Most women think that premenstrual symptoms such as sweating at night, abdominal cramps, pain, tender breasts, lower back pain, premenstrual stress (PMS/PMT) are normal but they are not. In Chinese medicine these are all abnormal and give insights into what internal imbalance a woman might have.
At my fertility clinic, I use research based evidence that shows acupuncture can increase the chance of conceiving by:
- Improve implantation
- Improve sensitivity to insulin, thereby improving PCOS
- Improve sperm motility, morphology and quality
- Increase levels of oxytocin
- Increase the success rate of IVF cycles
- Increase the success rates of IVF/ICSI cycles
- Increase blood flow to the uterus lining
- Prevent uterus contractions to reduce the possibility of expelling embryo out of the uterus
- Reduce anxiety, stress and depression
- Reduce high FSH levels
- Reduce the stress hormone cortisone
- Reduce uterine contractions
- Reduce weight
- Regulate AMH levels
- Regulate immune factors
- Regulate oestrogen levels
- Regulate the menstrual cycle
- Regulate oestrogen levels
Getting pregnant with acupuncture video
Once pregnant and you have a positive pregnancy test, learn more about the early signs of pregnancy.