Acupuncture for sports injuries
Physical activity can cause sports injuries. The most common types of sports injuries are ankle sprain, hamstring strain, shin splints, knee injury and tennis elbow.
Treatment for sports injuries
Research and systematic reviews have shown that the stimulation of acupuncture points is able to treat acute injuries because it is anti inflammatory. I use acupuncture to treat:
- Reduce pain in patients with plantar fasciitis
- Have better therapeutic effects than medication, both in the short and long term, in patients with acute lumbar strain
- Relieve the pain of chondromalacia patella
- Reduced NSAID intake and relieve pain in patients with shin splints
- Reduce the pain of patellofemoral pain syndromes
- Effective for soft tissue injuries
- Rotator cuff injuries
Acupuncture is used to promote quick healing and increase recovery time by professional sports teams and martial arts performers.
Download my sports injuries factsheet.