There are many causes of infertility in both men and women. However, there are more reasons why a woman can develop infertility than men, as a woman's body and fertility is more complex than a man's.
The main infertility problems are:
- Amenorrhoea (no periods)
- Anovulation (not ovulating)
- Blocked fallopian tubes
- Endometriosis (uterus lining residue)
- High FSH levels (higher than normal levels of follicle stimulating hormone)
- Irregular menstrual cycles
- Low AMH levels (lower than normal levels of Antimullerian hormone)
- Male infertility
- PCOS (polycystic ovarian syndrome - too many follicles on the ovaries)
- Reoccurring miscarriages
- Repeated IVF failures
- Unexplained infertility (biomedicine can't find the cause)
How to get pregnant book
To boost your chances of getting pregnant you need to know the basics about your fertility. Read my self-help book on how to get pregnant titled My Fertility Guide.