Sports injuries treatment
The most common types of sports injuries are ankle sprain, hamstring strain, shin splints, knee injury and tennis elbow.
Acupuncture for sports injuries
Acupuncture is very effective in the treatment of pain. Acupuncture can increase healing time by aiding blood flow to the injury site.
Research has shown that acupuncture is able to:
- Acupuncture reduced pain in patients with plantar fasciitis
- Electroacupuncture had better therapeutic effects than medication, both in the short and long term, in patients with acute lumbar strainM/li>
- Acupuncture plus warmed needle relieved the pain of chondromalacia patella
- Acupuncture reduced NSAID intake and relieved pain in patients with shin splints
- Acupuncture reduced the pain of patellofemoral pain syndromes
- Acupuncture was effective for soft tissue disease