Physical activity can cause sports injuries. The most common types of sports injuries are ankle sprain, hamstring strain, shin splints, knee injury and tennis elbow.
Sports injuries not only affect people's ability to play sports but also their day to day life.
Acupuncture for sports injuries
In a lot of sport injuries, anti-inflammatory medication and painkillers are used to reduce the injury symptoms.
Research and systematic reviews have shown that the stimulation of acupuncture points is able to treat acute injuries because it is anti inflammatory. I use acupuncture to treat:
- Reduce pain in patients with plantar fasciitis
- Have better therapeutic effects than medication, both in the short and long term, in patients with acute lumbar strain
- Relieve the pain of chondromalacia patella
- Reduced NSAID intake and relieve pain in patients with shin splints
- Reduce the pain of patellofemoral pain syndromes
- Effective for soft tissue injuries
- Help with spinal cord injuries
- Rotator cuff injuries
Acupuncture is used to promote quick healing and increase recovery time by professional sports teams such as football players, athletes and martial arts performers.
There are several research studies that show the effectiveness of acupuncture in treating sports injuries.
Download my sports injuries factsheet.